Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Where Will You Be In Five Years?

Yep, it's been a while. I've been a little busy lately with the content of the my last post and I've had to let blogging (and a whole lot of other things) fall by the wayside.

I don't know if it's still a regular interview question or not but "Where do you see yourself in five years?" certainly is a classic one. I was thinking about that this morning as I strolled around the neighborhood with my almost one-year-old baby. (Just a few more days 'til he turns one—yikes!) Five years ago this week, I think, my husband and I were in North Carolina house-hunting for our impending move to the state. Did I think I'd have a one-year-old baby five years from then? Uh, no, can't say that I did.

I think there's value in planning for tomorrow (and potential dire consequences if we don't), but I don't think it's necessary to try and guess where we might be five years from now. For all we know Christ may return by then, as he says in Matthew 25:13: "“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour." God also makes it clear we should keep our focus on today in Matthew 6:34: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." With a one-year-old baby in tow that sounds like good advice to me.

1 comment:

  1. I also think about Jesus telling us specifically not to worry about tomorrow because each day has enough trouble of it's own. And with a soon to be toddler, I guess you'll soon realize that as Kidlet starts to get into everything! =)

    Glad you're back! Hope to see more of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!